Be a Board Member!
The Starlight Symphony Orchestra is led by an all-volunteer board that is responsible for strategy, resources, and monitoring of the organization. Board members serve a two-year term in staggered terms and may be re-elected. Board is currently seeking community leaders that support the arts to join us as a board member. For more information please email us at email@example.com.
The Board of Directors is responsible for ensuring that the Starlight Symphony Orchestra fulfills its mission to :
- Provide Central Texas musicians with a cultural and social gathering opportunity where players can meet and work together.
- Provide Central Texas communities with entertainment by high-quality musicians and social events at which like-minded people can assemble.
- Provide opportunities for Central Texas students to play with an orchestra, giving them the experiences of working with a conductor, learning a part, playing with a full complement of instruments, understanding orchestral literature, and performing for the community.
- Educate Central Texas student populations about orchestra such as with performances and interactive presentations introducing them to the instruments, players, and music.
- Preserve the heritage of instrumental music from historical literature to contemporary compositions.
- Associate with other performing arts organizations in the Central Texas area.
- Establish a group which, by its organizational and operational structures, fosters a spirit of cooperation and goodwill among its members and ensures long-term existence.